Tuesday 3 March 2009

Boisterous Bertie

Mum say's she is changing my name to Boisterous Bertie, loud, noisy, and lacking in restraint or discipline. Mum say's I fit the bill.

I have discovered I can leap onto the furniture and the bed is nice and comfy, not to sleep on but I can walk round and round on it. I am very good at bedtime, I have my biscuit and go straight to sleep. Dad's socks are nice to throw about and catch. The cushions are great to run around with but neither Mum nor Dad will chase me for them, so I get a bit bored with that one. Anything that is left on the kitchen counter is now easy game for me. A nice lump of pork was very tasty when I pinched it off there but I had a poorly tummy for a few days afterwards, might give that a miss next time. All in all I think I am driving them mad at the moment.


But I did get a new ball the other day, which is very nice and chewy my teeth sort of bounce off it.

I was very good when I went for my long walk on Sunday. Most of the time I was off my leader. I did run after someone once but I came straight back when shouted. We saw lots of people on bicycles and I just ignore them now. But I would like some of the other dogs I meet to play with me but they just sniff and walk past.


Mum has booked me into training classes next week, so I should meet plenty of other puppies while I am there. Bet I can sit on some of them and squish them just like I do with my friend Jake. Mum say's I have to be good and do as I am told and when we get home we will have to practice too. I am going to learn how to sit (can already do that), down and stay (again I can do that one when I want to). Recall (not so good at that one), and to meet and greet without jumping (will have to practice that one a lot).
Hmmmm .............................. sounds like hard work to me!

3 comments:

InkyArtitude said...

Oh Bertie's starting school, what fun! It sounds like you are having a real good time at the expense of your Mum and Dad.I think maybe you should have been called Tubbs.... tough, unique, bad, bold and sassy! Have fun Bertie! Look forward to seeing you soon. Lynn x

Jill said...

Love the new name Lynn! Tubbs is perfect.

Well Bertie enjoy school and do your homework and listen to the teacher. Keep us up to date on how you're getting on.

Love

Jill
x

Johanna said...

Hi Bertie,
Wow you are getting big, My mum says I'm growing so fast you can see it. I learnt how to climb onto the sofa in my first week here, although I had to be helped up but now I can jump up with no problem. I'm not too sure about this walking on the lead lark yet but the men I meet are nice and stroke me. Mum says I'm a tart.
Mum and dad say that I am very boisterous and have been right from day 1, I like to jump on mums' shoulder and pull her hair when she is lying on the couch.
Have fun at school - make em think you are learning what they tell you - then just go and do whatever you want to
Love Sally xxxxxx