Sunday 14 June 2009

Holidays



Hi, me again.

I have just come back from my holidays. We went to stay in a little cottage in Ousby, near Penrith. We had a wonderful time, and I was 'good', well, most of the time.


Every day we jumped in the car and went for a ride. One day we went to Aira Force and walked along to the waterfall. I had to sit very still when people walked past me, the path was not very wide and I think Mum was frightened I would push somebody over, it was a long drop and at one point we were really high.


There were some really strange trees, this one is a fallen trunk and lots of people have hammered money into it.


Mum liked this one, a Monkey Puzzle Tree, but I couldn't see any monkeys! Mum said it looked as though the trunk had slipped to the bottom.


This is me admiring the view.


I went for a paddle in Glenridding, the water was lovely and cold. I wanted to go in a little further but Dad was a spoil sport and wouldn't let me.


We had a game of hide and seek but I couldn't quite get the hang of it. I don't think this fern was big enough. Anyway Dad's legs gave it away.


This was my favourite sleeping place at the cottage, looks as though I had 'one too many' the night before but it was lovely and cool. It was very strange during the night, all sorts of funny noises. But by the end of the week I was defending my territory and barking fit to burst when I heard strange things during the night.


Last Sunday we went to Keswick to meet Sally, Johanna and Neil. We had a lovely morning and it was nice to make friends with Sally. We had a walk along by the Lake and we both got some admiring glances, then we all went for a nice cup of tea and Sally and I had an ice cream. It was my first but yum yum ...... it won't be my last!




Sally likes ice cream too. I don't think my tongue could have got any further down the cone.


I hope we can see Sally again, I think we could be good friends.

It was lovely on holiday but I am pleased to be back home, I took my football with me but there was nowhere to play with it. I missed running about in the garden but I have been rather naughty since I got back, pinching cushions and I chewed Dad's belt and my Mum's spare pair of glasses while they were out on Saturday. I got wrong for that.

I will have to try harder to be good, tomorrow, I will I promise ............ or maybe the next day.............. or possibly next week!

Wonder where I can persuade Mum and Dad to take me next!






3 comments:

Johanna said...

Hi Bertie,
You beat me to doing the blog, mum has not had time last week.
I enjoyed meeting you too and mummy says I'm not always quite the lady. I hope that we can meet again too. Do your mum & dad often go to the Lakes? We are there every weekend, maybe you could come to visit us there sometime and I will show you round - I love splashing in the lake chasing twigs.
Love Sally

InkyArtitude said...

Looks like you had a fab week Bertie and boy have you grown. You're looking very grown up now and very BIG!
You've obviously had a great adventure and it's a lot more fun going with your Mum and Dad than having to go on holiday to the kennels like I sometimes have to. I do like my Uncle Andy and he always makes me welcome and looks after me real good, but I'd rather go with my Mum and Dad... you must tell me how to manipulate the humans into taking me with them! Take care Bertie, have fun (but it might be a good idea to behave this week in case YOU get put in kennels next time). Luvs Diesel x

acrylik said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time on holiday, Bertie! Our mum went away for the weekend but didn't take us, we're with Diesel, you must give us some tips!
love, Willow and Ash =^..^=