Sunday 25 October 2009

A Dog's Work is Never Done..............


Phew, what a tiring day I had a couple of weeks ago. Mum and Dad decided to cut down a Willow tree is our garden and I was drafted in to help ................. well, it was my choice really, anything for a bit of fun!

When Dad cut off the branches Mum was piling them up into a big heap, so I helped. I dragged all the branches and lined them up. Every now and again I would pinch a little branch and pull it out of the pile and take it for a run around the garden.


This is me pulling the branches into a big pile. Eventually I made it into a den and climbed inside for a sit down and a rest.

I had to inspect every branch to make sure it would go onto my pile. I nibbled all the sticky out bits until they fit together properly.

My den was nice and cosy but Dad dismantled it and started to cut it up, I wasn't too happy about that so I kept taking all the cut up bits and hiding them.

It was hard work and very tiring so I had to keep having a rest and let those two have a play. Mum and Dad said I had worked hard and were very pleased with me.

Think I will just have a snooze they may have finished by the time I wake up if I am lucky.

Sweet Dreams Bertie............................ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz




1 comment:

InkyArtitude said...

Hi Bertie, thank you for the Birthday Wishes! It looks like you had a great time with all those branches, I pull them off the trees and bushes before my Dad cuts them off but my Mum plays holly hell with me... duhhh, she just doesn't get it. I'm only trying to save Dad the work and have a bit of fun at the same time. I hope you had a good snooze, you sure deserve it! Love and Licks, Diesel x