Monday 15 December 2008

Busy Week



Hi, it's me again.

What a week I have had. Mum keeps putting me through my paces, 'sit', 'down', 'fetch', every day, although I do get some nice treats when I do as I am told, but I have developed a taste for the rug in the conservatory, it really does taste nice and sort of unravels when I get my teeth into it. Mum is sporting a new plaster where I caught her hand when we were playing fetch. I didn't mean to do it, it just sort of happened, I was aiming for my ball.

We went for a lovely walk on Sunday and I met lots of people and other dogs, these wheelie things kept coming past me, I think they were bikes, that's what Mum called them and I would have liked to chase them but I was made to sit and watch as they went past. Everybody we passed stopped to give me a stroke and called me a teddy bear! I am still not keen on the car, even if I have treats but I think I will probably get to like it after a while.

I visited the vet on Friday evening, just to get registered and a little check up. The vet said I was a nice happy bouncy puppy and he sat me on a table, (bet he won't be able to do that in a few months time). He looked in my ears and mouth, and then listened to my heart and said I was very good. I got weighted and I was 14.6 kilos, and then I got a horrible needle in my neck and I cried. The vet said it was a microchip just in case I ever get lost, so I can be sent straight back home. Mum took plenty of little treats for me while I was there so it was not too bad.

On Tuesday night I had a bath, I did smell a little bit after being in the garden and rolling in something not too nice. It was nice and warm and I tried to drink it. I whipped the towel away as soon as I was lifted out and had a good shake all over the bathroom floor. Mum sat me on a towel and dried me with the hairdryer, and when I was half dry I had a run around and came back to be finished off. I looked like a huge fur ball when I was finished.

I did put on my most pitiful face to see if I could get out of it!
I had a slight accident with one of my toys, it was a nice plaited rope with two squeaky toys on either end, but I got a bit excited and sort of shredded it, so now all I have is one of the squeaky things from the end, never mind I can still make plenty of noise with it, I can squeak it with my teeth all the time now. Mum threw the rest in the bin.

This is me giving my carrot the evil eye before I pounced on it and ate it.

I do wish Mum would put that camera down sometimes, maybe if I sneak up and get it, Oh! drat, caught in the act, will have to try again later.


Hmmm..................... might just have a sleep now, see you all later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

InkyArtitude said...

Howza Bertie, boy have you been busy! I love reading all about your antics and seeing how quickly you're growing. You'll soon be big enough to have a romp with me, maybe when the weather get better in the Spring our Mums can get us together and we can have some fun outside.
Now let me give you a little tip Bertie.... you know how it's great to be a bit naughty and really push it to get treats and hugs?Well, we're coming up to Christmas. That's the time when this big fat jolly guy dressed in red with black wellies tries to get down your chimney and leave you some nice pressies to eat and play with. Big hint coming up - be GOOD between now and this time they call Christmas. If you are, he'll bring you lots of the good stuff, it's great. The only other thing you have to remember is not to bite his bottom as he appears down the chimney... it's ok to let 'him' into the house! He likes us dogs and he usually has a nice pat for me when I greet him! Have fun Bertie! Luvs Diesel x

acrylik said...

Diesel's absolutely right, be good for the next few days and there will be lots of treats in store! Only 5 days to go - it's do-able!

Willow 'n' Ash
=^..^=

Jill said...

You can do it Bertie! Its only a couple of days now and don't be scared of the jolly man in the red suit. Even though he doesn't come in the front door, he's lovley and will have lots of treats for you!

Enjoy meeting Santa. We can't wait!!

Lots of hugs and kisses

Tara and Matha
xx